On a roll (of film)
Wednesday, December 09, 2009 10:15 AM
A few weeks ago I wrote about how amazing my first photo shoot was... well I wasn't even ready for what happened after that.
Matt told one of his coworkers that I was an asipring photographer looking to build my portfolio by shooting people for free. So she ended up calling me last week and asking if I would take pictures of their family this past weekend. After I wrote on facebook that I had another photography offer the woman's sister-in-law (same exact name, no joke) asked if I would take pictures of her boys as well for Christmas cards/gifts. I did both of those shoots on Sunday, one at 9am (and -5 degrees) and one in the afternoon. They both went pretty well, I definitley still have a lot to learn.
I posted some of the pictures from both photoshoots onto my facebook and that night recieved a message from a woman in town who saw the pictures and loved them! She asked me if I would take pictures of her boys as well so we got together yesterday and did just that. I will post a few of my favorites from each shoot on here later, but you can see a lot of the pictures on my facebook already.
Needless to say... I wasn't expecting to go from no photography jobs in my life to 4 in two weeks... but I am so happy it worked out that way :) I feel blessed to have had the experience working with all these families and thankful that I now feel a lot better and that I have more purpose.
Matt told one of his coworkers that I was an asipring photographer looking to build my portfolio by shooting people for free. So she ended up calling me last week and asking if I would take pictures of their family this past weekend. After I wrote on facebook that I had another photography offer the woman's sister-in-law (same exact name, no joke) asked if I would take pictures of her boys as well for Christmas cards/gifts. I did both of those shoots on Sunday, one at 9am (and -5 degrees) and one in the afternoon. They both went pretty well, I definitley still have a lot to learn.
I posted some of the pictures from both photoshoots onto my facebook and that night recieved a message from a woman in town who saw the pictures and loved them! She asked me if I would take pictures of her boys as well so we got together yesterday and did just that. I will post a few of my favorites from each shoot on here later, but you can see a lot of the pictures on my facebook already.
Needless to say... I wasn't expecting to go from no photography jobs in my life to 4 in two weeks... but I am so happy it worked out that way :) I feel blessed to have had the experience working with all these families and thankful that I now feel a lot better and that I have more purpose.