wow, didn't realize that I haven't blogged in over a month
Saturday, July 11, 2009 12:22 PM
Summer in Port Alice is weird. Half the time it is super hot and the other half it looks like March, rainy and cloudy. Hopefully soon it will make up it's mind and stay sunny.
I have a temporary babysitting job until the end of July, I'm watching some older kids full time. It has been really nice, I always feel way better when I have something to do during the day, especially if that something makes me money. Matt and I are (finally) sending in my immigration forms this month, which costs $500, so this job couldn't have come at a better time.
I can't believe our anniversary is coming up in just over a week! I have some surprises planned for Matt. Unfortunately Matt has been working overtime (about 72 hours a week) so we don't have time for a special getaway. We are planning an awesome camping trip the last week of July though. We are going out to this really secluded spot on the west coast called Raft Cove. We are buying a canoe from our neighbor and we are excited to take that out. We are also planning on going to Warped Tour in Vancouver in August as well, I'm really excited, I have never been to Warped Tour before. Another thing we want to do this summer is get new tattoos. I am planning on getting "Gift from God" (the meaning of Matt's name) tattooed in Hebrew on my foot.
That's about all of our summer plans for now. I hope we go camping a bit more, anything to get out of this hot house!
I have a temporary babysitting job until the end of July, I'm watching some older kids full time. It has been really nice, I always feel way better when I have something to do during the day, especially if that something makes me money. Matt and I are (finally) sending in my immigration forms this month, which costs $500, so this job couldn't have come at a better time.
I can't believe our anniversary is coming up in just over a week! I have some surprises planned for Matt. Unfortunately Matt has been working overtime (about 72 hours a week) so we don't have time for a special getaway. We are planning an awesome camping trip the last week of July though. We are going out to this really secluded spot on the west coast called Raft Cove. We are buying a canoe from our neighbor and we are excited to take that out. We are also planning on going to Warped Tour in Vancouver in August as well, I'm really excited, I have never been to Warped Tour before. Another thing we want to do this summer is get new tattoos. I am planning on getting "Gift from God" (the meaning of Matt's name) tattooed in Hebrew on my foot.
That's about all of our summer plans for now. I hope we go camping a bit more, anything to get out of this hot house!