well I haven't written a blog in a long time...
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 11:19 AM
So I thought I would just write an "update blog".
I lost my babysitting job. When we went down to the states my employer had another woman watch the kids for the one week she was back to work. (The whole mill was laid off for almost two months) The lady has an unofficial day care and the kids had more fun there playing with the other kids, so she decided to drop me and go with her. I'm pretty dissapointed, but I'm praying God will bring me another opportunity. I have put up some babysitting flyers around town and have been doing a few jobs here and there. In case you didn't know, I'm not allowed to work up here until I have official status, so any under the table work is all I can do.
Matt just went back to work last Saturday, our vacation has been nice but it's nicer having money. Matt is working really hard to get his "Celebration Videos" business started up. He's been working on website designs in his free time. Once we save up the money I am going to be signing up for a 12 week, online photography course that will enable me to start my side of the business in the future, we are pretty excited.
Our main focus since being home has been on our new kitten, Riley. Matt's mom watched her while we were away and we had only met her once briefly. She is so cute and playful, like all kittens are I'm sure. She is our baby. Luckily her and Bella get along really well, they even play together. I'm not looking forward to getting her fixed at the end of the month.
We've also been working on our yard, digging up the path and replanting grass seed, although it doesn't seem to be growing. We are going to try to get some better soil and re-seed. If the grass does end up growing I will put up before and after pictures.
That's about all we have been up to! Our next visit to Shelton will be the weekend of the 12th for my birthday.
I lost my babysitting job. When we went down to the states my employer had another woman watch the kids for the one week she was back to work. (The whole mill was laid off for almost two months) The lady has an unofficial day care and the kids had more fun there playing with the other kids, so she decided to drop me and go with her. I'm pretty dissapointed, but I'm praying God will bring me another opportunity. I have put up some babysitting flyers around town and have been doing a few jobs here and there. In case you didn't know, I'm not allowed to work up here until I have official status, so any under the table work is all I can do.
Matt just went back to work last Saturday, our vacation has been nice but it's nicer having money. Matt is working really hard to get his "Celebration Videos" business started up. He's been working on website designs in his free time. Once we save up the money I am going to be signing up for a 12 week, online photography course that will enable me to start my side of the business in the future, we are pretty excited.
Our main focus since being home has been on our new kitten, Riley. Matt's mom watched her while we were away and we had only met her once briefly. She is so cute and playful, like all kittens are I'm sure. She is our baby. Luckily her and Bella get along really well, they even play together. I'm not looking forward to getting her fixed at the end of the month.
We've also been working on our yard, digging up the path and replanting grass seed, although it doesn't seem to be growing. We are going to try to get some better soil and re-seed. If the grass does end up growing I will put up before and after pictures.
That's about all we have been up to! Our next visit to Shelton will be the weekend of the 12th for my birthday.