Kids
Saturday, February 21, 2009 9:54 AM
Today is one of the greatest Saturday's that has ever been. I don't know why, it has barely started, but I am just so happy.
My new job has been working out great. I wake up at 6:00 every morning and by the time I get to the kids' house at 7:15 the sun is already starting to rise. It feels so good having something to do, some purpose, 5 days a week. You guys probably think I'm weird, most people don't LOVE having a full time job babysitting little kids, but I haven't worked (or done much of ANYTHING) for the last 6 months, so this is so refreshing. I love being tired at the end of the day, from working, working out, cooking and cleaning, Matt and I hit the hay around 8:30 :-)
The kids are pretty good. Sammy is in his terrible two's, but Bella is very quiet and polite, they really balance each other out. I really enjoy the relationship I've formed with Loretta, their mom. She is a very good mom, and I am learning a lot from her.
The past two weeks have really showed me a few things. I do NOT want kids as soon as I thought I did (within the next 4 or 5 years). I am not in the right place to raise a quality child, lol. I have so much to work on, my patience, my kindness and my understanding. Everyone has always said that raising kids is a "full time job", but I didn't realize the truth to that until now. It is literally a JOB. It doesn't end, you don't go home at the end of the day or on the weekend and relax. Your kids are still there in all their neediness. I didn't realize until now how exhausting that must be.
I know these all sound like stupid, obvious things I should have known before. But I didn't, not to this extent. I have realized the importance of waiting until you are ready to COMMIT fully to the responsibility of children. It's like marriage, you sign a contract, and you can't go back, you're in it from that day forward, and you better be ready. Ready to meet all your children's needs, to sacrifice things and time in your life, and to be understanding of the responsibility ahead.
So we're waiting... who knows how long.
My new job has been working out great. I wake up at 6:00 every morning and by the time I get to the kids' house at 7:15 the sun is already starting to rise. It feels so good having something to do, some purpose, 5 days a week. You guys probably think I'm weird, most people don't LOVE having a full time job babysitting little kids, but I haven't worked (or done much of ANYTHING) for the last 6 months, so this is so refreshing. I love being tired at the end of the day, from working, working out, cooking and cleaning, Matt and I hit the hay around 8:30 :-)
The kids are pretty good. Sammy is in his terrible two's, but Bella is very quiet and polite, they really balance each other out. I really enjoy the relationship I've formed with Loretta, their mom. She is a very good mom, and I am learning a lot from her.
The past two weeks have really showed me a few things. I do NOT want kids as soon as I thought I did (within the next 4 or 5 years). I am not in the right place to raise a quality child, lol. I have so much to work on, my patience, my kindness and my understanding. Everyone has always said that raising kids is a "full time job", but I didn't realize the truth to that until now. It is literally a JOB. It doesn't end, you don't go home at the end of the day or on the weekend and relax. Your kids are still there in all their neediness. I didn't realize until now how exhausting that must be.
I know these all sound like stupid, obvious things I should have known before. But I didn't, not to this extent. I have realized the importance of waiting until you are ready to COMMIT fully to the responsibility of children. It's like marriage, you sign a contract, and you can't go back, you're in it from that day forward, and you better be ready. Ready to meet all your children's needs, to sacrifice things and time in your life, and to be understanding of the responsibility ahead.
So we're waiting... who knows how long.