Happy birthday Jesus!
Sunday, December 28, 2008 12:04 AM
This was my first Christmas away from my family. There are SO many movies about spending the holiday's with your in-laws and how disastrous it is, but without them my first Christmas would have been lonely, weird, and sad. Luckily Matt's two brothers, Jason and David, and Jason's wife Lisa were able to come up to Port Alice and stay for a few days. Matt's mom has 3 guest rooms at her house, but we were planning on staying at our house so we could have our own special Christmas morning just the two of us. When Christmas Eve rolled around however I really didn't feel like leaving everyone to go home to our cold, empty house, so we decided to stay. We came home to grab our stuff and opened our presents to each other, then headed back. It felt so good to spend Christmas with a big family just like I have grown up with.
On Christmas morning we did "The Great Stocking Hunt" in which we search for our hidden stockings throughout the house, followed by a grand breakfast and then opening gifts. We drew names but of course "Mom and Scott" spoiled everyone with extra gifts. That night we had some of Scott's family over for Christmas dinner. I met Scott's niece, a 12 year old autistic girl whom his brother and sister-in-law adopted from Romania. We got a long great, I definitely have some of my mothers blood in me when it comes to children.
I took a few family pictures and some of Matt opening his XBox 360, it gives me such joy! I got some exercise equipment that I am VERY excited about, along with some very useful winter coats I've been longing for. I'll post the pictures later when I feel like finding my camera.



On Christmas morning we did "The Great Stocking Hunt" in which we search for our hidden stockings throughout the house, followed by a grand breakfast and then opening gifts. We drew names but of course "Mom and Scott" spoiled everyone with extra gifts. That night we had some of Scott's family over for Christmas dinner. I met Scott's niece, a 12 year old autistic girl whom his brother and sister-in-law adopted from Romania. We got a long great, I definitely have some of my mothers blood in me when it comes to children.
I took a few family pictures and some of Matt opening his XBox 360, it gives me such joy! I got some exercise equipment that I am VERY excited about, along with some very useful winter coats I've been longing for. I'll post the pictures later when I feel like finding my camera.


