the states, work, and other things
Saturday, September 06, 2008 1:07 PM
Matt and I took a long vacation this last week. On Saturday we went to his Jason + Lisa's wedding [my brother-in-law and new sister!]
[at this part of this post I ran to the bathroom and threw up all in a split second. DONT take muti-vitamins on an empty stomach. my mother warned me, but I forgot. apparently you PUKE if you do.]
the wedding was beautiful, I'll put pictures up later. It was outdoors like ours, in the gorgeous Victoria Wedding Gardens. Matt and I danced all night at the reception, it was really fun.
On Sunday we took the ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles. We really hate that ferry, it rocked so hard you could hardly stand up without falling over. Once you ride the BC ferries Washington ones look like the ghetto.
It was actually a really good trip home for me. I haven't been back since the wedding, and I didn't realize how much I missed Shelton, my family, and friends. Everyone knows though after you move out of your parents house you get a long way better, and actually miss them. I had a really good time.
Matt turned 25 on Monday! So we bought him a vacuum, just kidding, but we did really need one! We spent the rest of the week hanging out with friends and playing with our [much missed] Makenna. On Wednesday we drove up to Everett and hung out with Levi, Jody, and Jacob. Jacob is walking now! And is talking more than ever [not any REAL words, of course] But he is getting really good at saying bye-bye.
Thursday and yesterday we finished the long haul home. It was a really good trip for us. I realized how much Shelton and my parents house was my home, even though I hated it sometimes. Matt is asleep right now as I write this, he is working 4 night shifts in a row starting last night. And I have developed somewhat of a cold [haven't had one of these in ages]. Totally un-related to the puking, I think.
But regardless I will put up pictures!
[at this part of this post I ran to the bathroom and threw up all in a split second. DONT take muti-vitamins on an empty stomach. my mother warned me, but I forgot. apparently you PUKE if you do.]
the wedding was beautiful, I'll put pictures up later. It was outdoors like ours, in the gorgeous Victoria Wedding Gardens. Matt and I danced all night at the reception, it was really fun.
On Sunday we took the ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles. We really hate that ferry, it rocked so hard you could hardly stand up without falling over. Once you ride the BC ferries Washington ones look like the ghetto.
It was actually a really good trip home for me. I haven't been back since the wedding, and I didn't realize how much I missed Shelton, my family, and friends. Everyone knows though after you move out of your parents house you get a long way better, and actually miss them. I had a really good time.
Matt turned 25 on Monday! So we bought him a vacuum, just kidding, but we did really need one! We spent the rest of the week hanging out with friends and playing with our [much missed] Makenna. On Wednesday we drove up to Everett and hung out with Levi, Jody, and Jacob. Jacob is walking now! And is talking more than ever [not any REAL words, of course] But he is getting really good at saying bye-bye.
Thursday and yesterday we finished the long haul home. It was a really good trip for us. I realized how much Shelton and my parents house was my home, even though I hated it sometimes. Matt is asleep right now as I write this, he is working 4 night shifts in a row starting last night. And I have developed somewhat of a cold [haven't had one of these in ages]. Totally un-related to the puking, I think.
But regardless I will put up pictures!