finding myself
Monday, September 29, 2008 8:59 PM
The last couple months before I got married a lot of my focus was on "who" I want to be, or "what" I want to do in life. Especially since everyone was graduation and getting ready for college or choosing a career path. I considered taking online courses this fall but I chose to wait because I wasn't sure what I wanted to study. I didn't want to do the same thing as Matt and go to college [and take out a student loan] and come to realize later it was not what I wanted to study.
I knew a few things about myself, I knew I wanted an awesome marriage and to be an amazing wife to my new husband. To become skilled in things like cooking and managing our finances and anything else that would support our family. I knew I had a passion for helping people in any way.
But since getting married and moving up here to Port Alice, I feel that my self search has become more focused and I am seeing clearly a few things that will permanently "park" themselves in my life. One of those being photography [As I have shared before], and the other being over-all health.
The photography aspect, while I am very passionate about it, will be slow in coming. Mostly because there is nothing to photograph up here! I should say no one, since I like to photography people, just my preference. I would like to start doing some "play" sessions though, especially when I start collecting new lenses. I am shooting one of my friends' senior pictures for her next month. It is a perfect opportunity since her pictures wont be in the yearbook [She goes to Choice, they have no yearbook], they will just be used for sending to family and friends in her graduation announcements. I would like to have more opportunities like this with people I know. Maybe if anyone would like some newborn or family portraits done perhaps?
Another aspect that I am permanently making a part of my life is a healthy well-being. Seeing Matt [Someone who's never really thought about what he eats, etc.] make good choices about food really lets me know that I have an impact on his health. I talk to him a lot about what I learn and he really absorbs it well. The other day when I told him I was hungry he said to me "That's because chips are empty carbs." He meant calories, but that is a big improvement for him! We're not only staying away from the obvious unhealthies [pop, cake, snickers bars], we're focusing on eating foods our bodies need [whole grains, lean protein, fiber], as opposed to what they don't need [sugar, refined carbs, trans/saturated fats].
I want to get more books on the human body and digestive health, and I look forward to making this a part of our lives forever. Luckily we are young and can hopefully stop any diseases rather than try and treat them.
These are just a few things I am learning about myself, fortunately you learn about yourself your entire life, can't wait for whatever's next!
I knew a few things about myself, I knew I wanted an awesome marriage and to be an amazing wife to my new husband. To become skilled in things like cooking and managing our finances and anything else that would support our family. I knew I had a passion for helping people in any way.
But since getting married and moving up here to Port Alice, I feel that my self search has become more focused and I am seeing clearly a few things that will permanently "park" themselves in my life. One of those being photography [As I have shared before], and the other being over-all health.
The photography aspect, while I am very passionate about it, will be slow in coming. Mostly because there is nothing to photograph up here! I should say no one, since I like to photography people, just my preference. I would like to start doing some "play" sessions though, especially when I start collecting new lenses. I am shooting one of my friends' senior pictures for her next month. It is a perfect opportunity since her pictures wont be in the yearbook [She goes to Choice, they have no yearbook], they will just be used for sending to family and friends in her graduation announcements. I would like to have more opportunities like this with people I know. Maybe if anyone would like some newborn or family portraits done perhaps?
Another aspect that I am permanently making a part of my life is a healthy well-being. Seeing Matt [Someone who's never really thought about what he eats, etc.] make good choices about food really lets me know that I have an impact on his health. I talk to him a lot about what I learn and he really absorbs it well. The other day when I told him I was hungry he said to me "That's because chips are empty carbs." He meant calories, but that is a big improvement for him! We're not only staying away from the obvious unhealthies [pop, cake, snickers bars], we're focusing on eating foods our bodies need [whole grains, lean protein, fiber], as opposed to what they don't need [sugar, refined carbs, trans/saturated fats].
I want to get more books on the human body and digestive health, and I look forward to making this a part of our lives forever. Luckily we are young and can hopefully stop any diseases rather than try and treat them.
These are just a few things I am learning about myself, fortunately you learn about yourself your entire life, can't wait for whatever's next!