I love good days
Wednesday, May 07, 2008 10:16 PM
Today was a good day, I am happy. I dont know specifically why. Probably because the sun was out, and it was warm. And because I totally scored at American Eagle and bought new summer clothes =) and didnt spend that much!
Probably because my sister is in bed, and that makes things less stressful. Also because I got to hang out with Makenna one on one while my mom grocery shopped.
I have been doing really well with Matt being so far away. I wasn't sure how I would handle it or not. Sure, the wedding has been successful at distracting me, but I am use to talking to him several times a day, and usually a lot at night. But now with his new job, he is so tired by the time he gets off of a 12 hours shift, he is ready to hit the sack at 7:30. And I'm okay with that. I'm okay with only takling to him for 10 minutes a day, surprisingly. [I've come a long way]. Because I feel like I am making him happy. When he calls, and I am ask him how work was. I fill him in on my day real quick or any new wedding plans that have come up. And then I tell him to rest. I tell him to go to bed, sleep well, and focus on himself.
And then he says really sweetly "Okay... goodnight..." and drifts off.
And that makes today a good day.
Probably because my sister is in bed, and that makes things less stressful. Also because I got to hang out with Makenna one on one while my mom grocery shopped.
I have been doing really well with Matt being so far away. I wasn't sure how I would handle it or not. Sure, the wedding has been successful at distracting me, but I am use to talking to him several times a day, and usually a lot at night. But now with his new job, he is so tired by the time he gets off of a 12 hours shift, he is ready to hit the sack at 7:30. And I'm okay with that. I'm okay with only takling to him for 10 minutes a day, surprisingly. [I've come a long way]. Because I feel like I am making him happy. When he calls, and I am ask him how work was. I fill him in on my day real quick or any new wedding plans that have come up. And then I tell him to rest. I tell him to go to bed, sleep well, and focus on himself.
And then he says really sweetly "Okay... goodnight..." and drifts off.
And that makes today a good day.