here's an update in the life of ME
Thursday, January 03, 2008 2:54 PM
I guess I am going back to Shelton high school at the end of this month when the new semester starts. Last quarter at the college didnt go so well for me. The schedule was great, but Im sure as most of you know, school doesnt really hold my enthusiasm. Im not really sure how the rest of the year at the high school will be, I'm at least excited to see my friends more often.
Starbucks is bitter-sweet. I love working there, but now that the holidays are over Im only getting 4 hours a week. [at least that's what my schedule is for the next two weeks, and I dont think it's going to get much better]. I dont want to leave Starbucks because I know right now Im at the bottom of the chain and I need to work my way up to get more hours, but in the meantime I need to find an additional job to support myself. Im stumped as far as where to look for one.
I know a lot of people think new years resolutions are stupid, but I am not one of them. I love the idea of taking a good look at your life after a long year and take note of the areas in your life that have slipped. Matt and I made a resolution today [at McDonalds] to stop spending money on coffee and fastfood. We did the math and figured we spend about $140 a month together on these things. This is a huge resolution for both of us, but I think seeing that number really opened our eyes to how much money we're wasting.
We also bought the full first season of Lost a couple days ago, and it's AMAZING! I know I waited a little long to jump on the Lost bandwagon, but I would definitley say better late than never! We're finished with the season, so if you want to borrow it, OR if you have season two, just call me.
Starbucks is bitter-sweet. I love working there, but now that the holidays are over Im only getting 4 hours a week. [at least that's what my schedule is for the next two weeks, and I dont think it's going to get much better]. I dont want to leave Starbucks because I know right now Im at the bottom of the chain and I need to work my way up to get more hours, but in the meantime I need to find an additional job to support myself. Im stumped as far as where to look for one.
I know a lot of people think new years resolutions are stupid, but I am not one of them. I love the idea of taking a good look at your life after a long year and take note of the areas in your life that have slipped. Matt and I made a resolution today [at McDonalds] to stop spending money on coffee and fastfood. We did the math and figured we spend about $140 a month together on these things. This is a huge resolution for both of us, but I think seeing that number really opened our eyes to how much money we're wasting.
We also bought the full first season of Lost a couple days ago, and it's AMAZING! I know I waited a little long to jump on the Lost bandwagon, but I would definitley say better late than never! We're finished with the season, so if you want to borrow it, OR if you have season two, just call me.