fall is the ultimate memory of childhood
Thursday, October 11, 2007 4:18 PM
I love going outside and knowing what season it is from the smell. some days I walk outside and think to myself, "It smells like school" or "it smells like snow."
I love driving down turner hill, feeling each groove in the road like it is a ripple in my own arm, from driving down it everyday for the past 16 years.
I love listening to people walking around the house, picturing where they are because of each crick and creak in the floor. Just like when I was little and I could hear the "wooden spoon drawer" opening and closing, when I knew I would get a spanking.
I love smelling a new soccer ball, the same smell of rubber as the masks we had in Hawaii. I love smelling a certain lotion, it takes me right back to going out with Matt a year ago.
I hate the smell of our Subaru, it reminds me of when we would go look for my dad.
and knowing that all of this, so carved into me, will all change very soon, makes me feel ready. knowing that these past 16 years that have created me are just a small portion of my life that I havent even made completley my own yet. knowing that soon I will have my own floors to embed, my own hills to memorize, and new smells to make new memories, makes me all the more excited.
I love driving down turner hill, feeling each groove in the road like it is a ripple in my own arm, from driving down it everyday for the past 16 years.
I love listening to people walking around the house, picturing where they are because of each crick and creak in the floor. Just like when I was little and I could hear the "wooden spoon drawer" opening and closing, when I knew I would get a spanking.
I love smelling a new soccer ball, the same smell of rubber as the masks we had in Hawaii. I love smelling a certain lotion, it takes me right back to going out with Matt a year ago.
I hate the smell of our Subaru, it reminds me of when we would go look for my dad.
and knowing that all of this, so carved into me, will all change very soon, makes me feel ready. knowing that these past 16 years that have created me are just a small portion of my life that I havent even made completley my own yet. knowing that soon I will have my own floors to embed, my own hills to memorize, and new smells to make new memories, makes me all the more excited.