destination addiction
Saturday, October 13, 2007 3:15 PM
a while ago I watched this episode of Oprah where she talked about different things about happiness. she described her hairdresser of having "destination addiction", meaning he always focused on the future. 'Once I get this... once this happens... once I become this... THEN I'll be happy." I thought to myself, 'Crap, that is totally me'. And it is. I am constantly thinking about the future. [after you read this you're not allowed to read any of my old blogs because you will realize all I talk about is the future and it WILL be annoying] I REALLY dont want to be one of those people who's life passes them by because they are so fixed on future things they dont even live in the present. I am actually very afraid of this happening to me.
So, for the past couple days I have been trying extra hard on why TODAY is great. Here is a breakdown of my thoughts of today:
Today is great because I got to sleep in, yay! Today is great because I got to spend time with Mandy, who I love. Today is great because I spent a lot of good qaulity time with Makenna. Today is great because I had a latte, and it was wonderful [thanks Leah!] Today is great because it's warm and sunny outside and I got to soak up vitamin D. Today is great because I made over my blog page. Today is great because I worked out. Today is great because I ate a ton of vegetables. Today is great because I got to watch the Office. Today is great because Levi, Jody, and Jacob are here.
This is really helping me focus on the present, and being happy everyday, and not just about things that will happen in the future. Because eventually the future will be the present, and by that time I will probably have something else to focus on.
=)
So, for the past couple days I have been trying extra hard on why TODAY is great. Here is a breakdown of my thoughts of today:
Today is great because I got to sleep in, yay! Today is great because I got to spend time with Mandy, who I love. Today is great because I spent a lot of good qaulity time with Makenna. Today is great because I had a latte, and it was wonderful [thanks Leah!] Today is great because it's warm and sunny outside and I got to soak up vitamin D. Today is great because I made over my blog page. Today is great because I worked out. Today is great because I ate a ton of vegetables. Today is great because I got to watch the Office. Today is great because Levi, Jody, and Jacob are here.
This is really helping me focus on the present, and being happy everyday, and not just about things that will happen in the future. Because eventually the future will be the present, and by that time I will probably have something else to focus on.
=)