stop. collaberate.
Thursday, September 13, 2007 2:54 PM
The fall is here. that means school, work, and church. [Interesting how that works, eh?] I just got all of my classes rearranged so it looks like this:
Monday-Friday: U.S. History
Monday-Wednesday: Intro to Yoga and Eng. 101
I am really excited about taking yoga. I have been doing it on my own for the past couple weeks so I am excited about actually having an instructor. I'm also really excited that I will be done at 12:50 on Monday's and Wednesday's and every other day I am done at 9:50. This frees up a lot of time for me [which I am happy about] I will be applying [somewhere that shall remain nameless for the URRACO girls who read my profile, haha] for a job soon and I hope this means I can get some good hours in.
This year the "THINK-TANK" [aka student leaders] will be serving the community outside of youth group. On Sunday afternoons we will be going to the food bank and helping them [not exactly sure what we're doing], and we're talking about other things such as canned food drives and helping serve at a dinner once a month. My girls group [no, we ARE NOT doing a bible study] meets at Kristi's house every Wednesday, and we are talking about doing child care once a month for parents so that they can go on dates.
For the past week I have been taking care of Makenna since Lauren cant and everyone else is at work. It's been kind of a handful trying to take care of her, wait on Lauren, AND clean up after the tornado that sweeps through the house everyday. But I really enjoy it. I have nothing better to do, and I LOVE hanging out with Makenna everyday. I feel good too when I can do stuff for my mom to help her de-stress with life. Anything I can do for her I will.
I feel like I shouldnt post about Rock for Sudan, because if you wanted to know you SHOULD HAVE CAME!! haha, I am just kidding. [but really... why wouldnt you?] We raised about $3,500 total, a big chunk of that [like half...] came from an anyonamous doner at church the next day. I didnt pick a very good day to sleep through my alarm appearently.
Rock for Sudan really did wear me out. Not just oversleeping the next day, but I also got sick, which I hear is common when you are preparing for something huge and then it's over. My feet havent hurt so bad in a long time, but it was all worth it of course. There were a ton of people there, about 100 altogether I estimate, but thanks to the smallness of c3 everything felt full. I was very encouraged when everyone was showing up. There is nothing in the world that could make me feel better.
Molly spent the night the day before [its tradition!] and helped me do stuff along with a million other people who I really appreciate. A HUMUNGOUS thanks goes out to...
Justin
Brad Hanson [who I DO LIKE]
AJ
J-DUBJ
Nathan
Matt
Molly
Lauree
Kristen
Becky
Storm
Mandy
Wes
[every single person is linked]
Monday-Friday: U.S. History
Monday-Wednesday: Intro to Yoga and Eng. 101
I am really excited about taking yoga. I have been doing it on my own for the past couple weeks so I am excited about actually having an instructor. I'm also really excited that I will be done at 12:50 on Monday's and Wednesday's and every other day I am done at 9:50. This frees up a lot of time for me [which I am happy about] I will be applying [somewhere that shall remain nameless for the URRACO girls who read my profile, haha] for a job soon and I hope this means I can get some good hours in.
This year the "THINK-TANK" [aka student leaders] will be serving the community outside of youth group. On Sunday afternoons we will be going to the food bank and helping them [not exactly sure what we're doing], and we're talking about other things such as canned food drives and helping serve at a dinner once a month. My girls group [no, we ARE NOT doing a bible study] meets at Kristi's house every Wednesday, and we are talking about doing child care once a month for parents so that they can go on dates.
For the past week I have been taking care of Makenna since Lauren cant and everyone else is at work. It's been kind of a handful trying to take care of her, wait on Lauren, AND clean up after the tornado that sweeps through the house everyday. But I really enjoy it. I have nothing better to do, and I LOVE hanging out with Makenna everyday. I feel good too when I can do stuff for my mom to help her de-stress with life. Anything I can do for her I will.
I feel like I shouldnt post about Rock for Sudan, because if you wanted to know you SHOULD HAVE CAME!! haha, I am just kidding. [but really... why wouldnt you?] We raised about $3,500 total, a big chunk of that [like half...] came from an anyonamous doner at church the next day. I didnt pick a very good day to sleep through my alarm appearently.
Rock for Sudan really did wear me out. Not just oversleeping the next day, but I also got sick, which I hear is common when you are preparing for something huge and then it's over. My feet havent hurt so bad in a long time, but it was all worth it of course. There were a ton of people there, about 100 altogether I estimate, but thanks to the smallness of c3 everything felt full. I was very encouraged when everyone was showing up. There is nothing in the world that could make me feel better.
Molly spent the night the day before [its tradition!] and helped me do stuff along with a million other people who I really appreciate. A HUMUNGOUS thanks goes out to...
Justin
Brad Hanson [who I DO LIKE]
AJ
J-DUBJ
Nathan
Matt
Molly
Lauree
Kristen
Becky
Storm
Mandy
Wes
[every single person is linked]