are we in high school yet?
Saturday, September 15, 2007 12:06 AM
tonight I went to the football game at Clover Park to watch Lakes vs. Shelton. A VERY good game. Lakes is the number one team in the state right now [I hear] and we gave them a pretty good challenge regarding that. We lost 21-41, but I still think we did great. I thought it was amazing how many fans from Shelton came. TONS! I guess I didnt know how many people travel because I dont think I have ever been to an away game before.
Something hit me as I was sitting there though. Years ago when I was in middle school and junior high I always [I think everyone did] envied the upper classmen at the football games. Sitting together, laughing, cheering, dressing up, it all looked like so much fun. As I sat in the middle of all my friends actually paying attention to the game for the first time I realized that I was there. I was the one who came up with all my friends, I was the one cheering, I was the one taking pictures. Now that Im here do I even notice? No. I felt lost because I havent been in school for so long. Groups broke up, people were with new people, I had to catch up. But what did I really miss? Had the thing I wanted all along suddenly become obsolete? I didnt even realize I was there. Am I in high school yet?



Something hit me as I was sitting there though. Years ago when I was in middle school and junior high I always [I think everyone did] envied the upper classmen at the football games. Sitting together, laughing, cheering, dressing up, it all looked like so much fun. As I sat in the middle of all my friends actually paying attention to the game for the first time I realized that I was there. I was the one who came up with all my friends, I was the one cheering, I was the one taking pictures. Now that Im here do I even notice? No. I felt lost because I havent been in school for so long. Groups broke up, people were with new people, I had to catch up. But what did I really miss? Had the thing I wanted all along suddenly become obsolete? I didnt even realize I was there. Am I in high school yet?