mega foods
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 1:19 PM
I have really been trying to eat healthy this past month. And along the way I am learning that some foods are really amazing. I have been eating as little dairy and sugar as I can, and cut out caffeine completley. These are some foods I have been relying on daily to get as much protein, fiber, calcium, and Vitamin C as I can:
Eggs: Eggs are loaded with nutrients and protein, but not high in calories. And for all you PREG-O'S out there... Eggs have nurtirents that are especially helpful to you such as choline, iron, and folate.
Peanut Butter: I have been eating chunky peanut butter in the morning on whole wheat toast and it keeps me really full. 2 table spoons has 7 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber, and only 3 grams of sugar! Peanut butter is amazing!
Kashi Chewing Cherry & Dark Chocolate granola bars: These babies are GOOOOD. One bar only has 8g of sugar, but 4g of fiber and 5g of protein! I love eating these instead of like... a blended mocha. BLEH!
All Natural Orange Juice: Since I'm not eating any dairy I drink this orange juice for calcium and vitamin C [Vitamin C really helps if you have acne because it contains collagen, which helps skin heal faster, FYI]
Nectarines: I think nectarines are my new favorite fruit. I take them everywhere whenever I need a snack [or a boost in blood sugar] and they're easier for me to eat as compared to a hard apple.
Green tea: I think that everyone has heard that green tea has many healthy benefits. I drink it because it has powerful antioxidants in it and has little to no caffeine.
Just thought I would pass along to you what I am learning... in case you were looking for something similar.
Eggs: Eggs are loaded with nutrients and protein, but not high in calories. And for all you PREG-O'S out there... Eggs have nurtirents that are especially helpful to you such as choline, iron, and folate.
Peanut Butter: I have been eating chunky peanut butter in the morning on whole wheat toast and it keeps me really full. 2 table spoons has 7 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber, and only 3 grams of sugar! Peanut butter is amazing!
Kashi Chewing Cherry & Dark Chocolate granola bars: These babies are GOOOOD. One bar only has 8g of sugar, but 4g of fiber and 5g of protein! I love eating these instead of like... a blended mocha. BLEH!
All Natural Orange Juice: Since I'm not eating any dairy I drink this orange juice for calcium and vitamin C [Vitamin C really helps if you have acne because it contains collagen, which helps skin heal faster, FYI]
Nectarines: I think nectarines are my new favorite fruit. I take them everywhere whenever I need a snack [or a boost in blood sugar] and they're easier for me to eat as compared to a hard apple.
Green tea: I think that everyone has heard that green tea has many healthy benefits. I drink it because it has powerful antioxidants in it and has little to no caffeine.
Just thought I would pass along to you what I am learning... in case you were looking for something similar.