"community"
Thursday, August 09, 2007 12:05 AM
bowling with the YOUth church tonight was really fun - I REALLY enjoy summer youth group activities even though there's no "YOUth Church".
a more important thought:
I really love the sense of community that is forming around the YOUth Church and c3, fostered mostly by Justin. [I know you're not supposed to glorify one person in GOD'S work, but he IS doing A LOT of work here!]
Invite-your-friends things like "Island lake days", wednesday night bowling, film+theology, the up and coming "Art night", Rock for Sudan, and "A Plane to Somewhere" put on by the Shelton Community Theatre, all make me really excited for things to come in c3 and for this community.
[click on the c3 link to see more details about all these events]
I really do see c3 as becoming a community center that attracts youth. to be honest with you, I think a lot of community centers go un-used because even though their target is a positive enviornment for youth, their activities/culture/mindset are not.
I mean come on....
art night?
open mic?
community theatre?
ROCK FOR SUDAN?!
this will get big.
a more important thought:
I really love the sense of community that is forming around the YOUth Church and c3, fostered mostly by Justin. [I know you're not supposed to glorify one person in GOD'S work, but he IS doing A LOT of work here!]
Invite-your-friends things like "Island lake days", wednesday night bowling, film+theology, the up and coming "Art night", Rock for Sudan, and "A Plane to Somewhere" put on by the Shelton Community Theatre, all make me really excited for things to come in c3 and for this community.
[click on the c3 link to see more details about all these events]
I really do see c3 as becoming a community center that attracts youth. to be honest with you, I think a lot of community centers go un-used because even though their target is a positive enviornment for youth, their activities/culture/mindset are not.
I mean come on....
art night?
open mic?
community theatre?
ROCK FOR SUDAN?!
this will get big.