Im sort of a... wreck
Friday, July 27, 2007 10:39 PM
For those of you who didnt know Lauren has been in a detox center for the last 10 days. If any of you remember when my dad went to detox [twice] it's the same place.
Whoever knows Lauren knows that she needs to be in treatment long term, and I guess God answered our prayers. But in a very bitter-sweet way. This is where it gets hard.
Lauren was accepted immediatley into this mother/child treatment center in Tacoma that is SIX MONTHS LONG. This means that Makenna and Lauren will be living there and getting ready to start a life together I guess. I dont really know what all it entails.
I feel like Im overreacting or just being selfish when I say this but I just can't let go of Makenna. I feel like a peice of my heart is being ripped out. She brings me so much joy and happiness everyday that I cant imagine what things are going to be like around here without her. Whenever I leave it's always Makenna that I look forward to coming home to. At night I can hear her making her lion sing to her over and over again, even if she's been in her crib for an hour. I can't wait for her to wake up from her naps and come rock with me in the chair and lay her head on my shoulder. No matter how tired you think she is she'll always greet you with an enthusiastic "HI!"
Im just really going to miss her.
I've really been a wreck.
Whoever knows Lauren knows that she needs to be in treatment long term, and I guess God answered our prayers. But in a very bitter-sweet way. This is where it gets hard.
Lauren was accepted immediatley into this mother/child treatment center in Tacoma that is SIX MONTHS LONG. This means that Makenna and Lauren will be living there and getting ready to start a life together I guess. I dont really know what all it entails.
I feel like Im overreacting or just being selfish when I say this but I just can't let go of Makenna. I feel like a peice of my heart is being ripped out. She brings me so much joy and happiness everyday that I cant imagine what things are going to be like around here without her. Whenever I leave it's always Makenna that I look forward to coming home to. At night I can hear her making her lion sing to her over and over again, even if she's been in her crib for an hour. I can't wait for her to wake up from her naps and come rock with me in the chair and lay her head on my shoulder. No matter how tired you think she is she'll always greet you with an enthusiastic "HI!"
Im just really going to miss her.
I've really been a wreck.