PayPal is not your pal
Monday, May 07, 2007 11:23 AM
[this blog describes a long, confusing, and unsuccesful attempt to get a paypal account]
this past week I went online and signed up for a paypal account. it was no different from signing up for anything else online. name, address, phone number, e-mail, very simple. I proceeded to "add" my bank account to my account which would be my one source of sending money. to verify that it was, indeed, my bank account, they deposited two small ammounts of money into my bank account online, that would show up in a few days, and then I would go back and verify the ammounts to paypal, proving to them that I am the owner. after I finally recieved the statment in my bank account I went back on paypal to confirm, only to find that I could not log in to my account. I tried the "forgot your password?" link, but of course, no e-mail showed up in my inbox.
so then I decided [after I long time of trying to log in] that I would just create another account. after I finished registering with a NEW e-mail, when I went to add my bank account [my one source of sending money] they said "sorry, this bank account is already being used." what they didnt say is "sorry, this bank account is already being used, we know YOU cant use it, so you're screwed."
I then decided to "contact" customer service in which I explained this whole process to them. what I REALLY need is to be able to log-in to my original account, I explained to them. a woman responded to my via e-mail this morning and told me that she had found my account, the SECOND one. she proceeded to tell me if I had "forgotten my password" that I needed to click on the link and follow the steps. it is not the SECOND account I have trouble logging into, that account does not matter because I cannot attatch my bank account to it because I already attatched my bank account to the FIRST ONE!!!!!! and the "forgot your password?" link. DOESNT WORK!!
oh yah, so a few minutes ago I tried to CALL their customer service line. after 10 minutes of answering security questions and entering in numbers, etc. I was put on hold to talk to an agent. oh, and then I got hung up on.
this past week I went online and signed up for a paypal account. it was no different from signing up for anything else online. name, address, phone number, e-mail, very simple. I proceeded to "add" my bank account to my account which would be my one source of sending money. to verify that it was, indeed, my bank account, they deposited two small ammounts of money into my bank account online, that would show up in a few days, and then I would go back and verify the ammounts to paypal, proving to them that I am the owner. after I finally recieved the statment in my bank account I went back on paypal to confirm, only to find that I could not log in to my account. I tried the "forgot your password?" link, but of course, no e-mail showed up in my inbox.
so then I decided [after I long time of trying to log in] that I would just create another account. after I finished registering with a NEW e-mail, when I went to add my bank account [my one source of sending money] they said "sorry, this bank account is already being used." what they didnt say is "sorry, this bank account is already being used, we know YOU cant use it, so you're screwed."
I then decided to "contact" customer service in which I explained this whole process to them. what I REALLY need is to be able to log-in to my original account, I explained to them. a woman responded to my via e-mail this morning and told me that she had found my account, the SECOND one. she proceeded to tell me if I had "forgotten my password" that I needed to click on the link and follow the steps. it is not the SECOND account I have trouble logging into, that account does not matter because I cannot attatch my bank account to it because I already attatched my bank account to the FIRST ONE!!!!!! and the "forgot your password?" link. DOESNT WORK!!
oh yah, so a few minutes ago I tried to CALL their customer service line. after 10 minutes of answering security questions and entering in numbers, etc. I was put on hold to talk to an agent. oh, and then I got hung up on.