focusing on the bad
Wednesday, May 02, 2007 5:04 PM
do parents ever think that rewarding your kids or praising them for good things might encourage them to try harder on the bad things?
I got into English 101 today, I actually got a really good score on the accuplacer. I was SO incredibly excited, but I seemed to be the only one, that was hard. I thought my parents would be prouder of me. but they can't seem to be proud of anything I do until I am perfect. my dad says, "that's really good, but what about the class that you're failing?" way to ruin my one good moment.
I feel like I am never good enough. that is almost a cliche, but it's the way I feel. I feel pretty accomplished compared to my other siblings, not to be rude or boastful towards them at all, but I thought my parents would be a lot happier with me. I try and set high goals for myself. next year I am going to graduate, a year early, with a year of college completed. I've had a job for almost a year now, but for some reason they still question my responsibility. I know I dont get perfect grades, but encouragment and praise goes a lot farther than nagging.
I got into English 101 today, I actually got a really good score on the accuplacer. I was SO incredibly excited, but I seemed to be the only one, that was hard. I thought my parents would be prouder of me. but they can't seem to be proud of anything I do until I am perfect. my dad says, "that's really good, but what about the class that you're failing?" way to ruin my one good moment.
I feel like I am never good enough. that is almost a cliche, but it's the way I feel. I feel pretty accomplished compared to my other siblings, not to be rude or boastful towards them at all, but I thought my parents would be a lot happier with me. I try and set high goals for myself. next year I am going to graduate, a year early, with a year of college completed. I've had a job for almost a year now, but for some reason they still question my responsibility. I know I dont get perfect grades, but encouragment and praise goes a lot farther than nagging.