July, July
Monday, April 23, 2007 9:17 PM
this weekend was such a blast. I know this probably sounds totally lame but as I was walking off the ferry into seattle I just felt like that was where I was supposed to be. yep, it definitley sounded lamer after I said it out loud. rightly so the first place we went was to starbucks before church, church was awesome, of course. matt would say that he wants something different out of church, even mars hill, but we both agree that mars hill is offering something a lot better to the % of middle class white christians who would normally be attending another church anyway. does that make sense? driscoll preached out of nemiah [I think it was the 8th week of their series], about how nemiah made A TON of sacrafices for his people because God had called him to love them as a leader. he talked about how he and his wife struggled so much during the first three years of mars hill church but how they were faithful and it was worth it.
after church brian, mandy, matt, and I drove to the freemont st. market [not until searching for parking that, after a half an hour, ended up being very close] we walked through the market, I seriously LOVE those places. my dad use to take us all the time it was so much fun. mandy and I got some pizza that was cooked in a real fire out in the open, it was SO good.
afterwards we drove to the sculpture park near downtown seattle. I never knew that seattle had so much art literally embeded into the city. the inside building which isnt really a part of "the walk" was incredibly modern and beautiful, as were the sculptures. brian and I took a lot of pictures [him of art, me of our group] and we spent a good amount of time sitting down on the beach. when we were finished we all drove to Brians house for a few minutes before he went to meet Justin for dinner and mandy, matt, and I walked to meet kat for dinner. we went to this really good thai place and chatted it up. I LOVE phad thai.. mmmm...
we still had some time to kill before the concert so the four of us went to gasworks park and sat on the hill and talked about our lives, haha. then it was off to the concert and matt went back home. the show was a lot of fun, REALLY good music on all the bands' parts. I sat down for about half of it, I was so tired and out of it and my feet hurt so bad. but it was still really enjoyable.
after church brian, mandy, matt, and I drove to the freemont st. market [not until searching for parking that, after a half an hour, ended up being very close] we walked through the market, I seriously LOVE those places. my dad use to take us all the time it was so much fun. mandy and I got some pizza that was cooked in a real fire out in the open, it was SO good.
afterwards we drove to the sculpture park near downtown seattle. I never knew that seattle had so much art literally embeded into the city. the inside building which isnt really a part of "the walk" was incredibly modern and beautiful, as were the sculptures. brian and I took a lot of pictures [him of art, me of our group] and we spent a good amount of time sitting down on the beach. when we were finished we all drove to Brians house for a few minutes before he went to meet Justin for dinner and mandy, matt, and I walked to meet kat for dinner. we went to this really good thai place and chatted it up. I LOVE phad thai.. mmmm...
we still had some time to kill before the concert so the four of us went to gasworks park and sat on the hill and talked about our lives, haha. then it was off to the concert and matt went back home. the show was a lot of fun, REALLY good music on all the bands' parts. I sat down for about half of it, I was so tired and out of it and my feet hurt so bad. but it was still really enjoyable.