I like Easter
Saturday, April 07, 2007 3:21 PM
Easter has never really had much meaning to me before, other than dying eggs when I was little [okay, fine, last year too] and I have to admit it still doesnt. I don't think the church paints a very honest picture of Jesus' crucifixtion/ressurection. I think if they did Easter would mean a lot more in all of our hearts. One pastor that did the most spectacular job of this though was Marc Driscoll. He described in detail all of the things that happened to Jesus and gave a lot of researched history on what crucifixtion was like back in that day. Anyways, I guess I would just really like to hear a pastor go on and tell the truth not some pastel painted version of what happened because he is worried about how the little children will be scarred, they should be in Sunday School! haha
anyways, I didnt even mean to rant about that, this was going to be about how much fun Easter is.
My mom randomly decided that she wanted to have family over tomorrow, we have never really done anything on Easter before, but I'm glad she did. She even invited Matt, which was nice. A lot of my cousins have little kids a bit older than Makenna, and some just under 10, so we are going to do an easter egg hunt, which should be interesting because my mom was asking me how that worked, haha. I'm just really excited I dont have to work tomorrow and get to go to church, I havent been in so long!
anyways, I didnt even mean to rant about that, this was going to be about how much fun Easter is.
My mom randomly decided that she wanted to have family over tomorrow, we have never really done anything on Easter before, but I'm glad she did. She even invited Matt, which was nice. A lot of my cousins have little kids a bit older than Makenna, and some just under 10, so we are going to do an easter egg hunt, which should be interesting because my mom was asking me how that worked, haha. I'm just really excited I dont have to work tomorrow and get to go to church, I havent been in so long!