Best news in a long time
Friday, November 03, 2006 10:01 PM
Tonight there was a dinner at my church to update the community [my church] on Charity Lanman, who is a missionary in Sudan. The night included a satelite phone call from Charity, where people could ask her questions, and we all prayed for her. It was very encouraging. I am not one to take a strong liking to children, but I spent most of my time with Viola, because dang I love that girl. Deb [Charity's mom] had brought some stuff she bought when she was in Kenya and set it up on a table so everyone could look at it. I saw the most beautiful bowl I had ever seen, with a small matching spoon in it. I told Deb I thought it was pretty and she gave it to me, she also said that Charity wanted me to come over to the house and pick out some things that I liked of hers from Sudan, because they have TONS of stuff I guess. I cherish that bowl. A lot. Deb was also telling me how she was going to "work on" my mom and try to get her to let me go to Sudan. Deb asked Charity if I was too young to come over, and Charity said yes, but that if I wanted to come she would get me in- she would find a way. I want to go- I told Deb to tell Charity to find a way! This excites me. This thrills me to the very core, I am pumped!