Welcome
Take me as you find me
all my fears and failures

Profile
Sara Ann Reimer.
Married to my best friend since 07.19.08
Loves God, trying to figure out what that means.
Studying to become a professional photographer.


Archives
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010

credits
Everything:infravermelho
thoughts on Mars Hill
Monday, October 23, 2006 4:49 PM
We walked in kind of late to the 11 o'clock service. They were in the middle of playing a worship song. We sat towards the back of a section of rows. All of the rows were ground level, facing directly forward, except for the ones on the side that were angled slightly diaganol. I realized later that this was a benefit because I didnt find myself distracted constantly looking around at other people, like I often do in my own church. Something I noticed right away were the lights. There were no bright, flourecent lights. There were only dim shades hanging from the ceiling, a cool shape I might add. I expected real lights to come on after worship, but they stayed the same the entire time. I found it very relaxing, however I had not had a lot of sleep the night before and was tired. I also think this fact contributed to why I enjoyed the worship a lot. They didnt play worship songs that I have ever heard, they were more like songs that you would listen to on the radio. After they were done playing they even gave a plug for the new cd that they had released that you could buy in the gift shop. The band was very professional sounding and the lead vocalist had an amazing and constant tone [I couldnt see the stage, I dont know who he was]. Because we were in the second service the sermon, video taped live in the first service, was displayed on video screens across the sanctuary. When I heard that we would be watching this I found it very odd and thought it would detract from the message, but it really didnt. I was having a hard time seeing the stage anyways, and it was so dim that it really didnt make a difference to me anyways. The message was amazing in itself. It started with a video of Marc Driscoll [the pastor] at the Seattle Hemp Festival, interviewing a man about what the thought about religion. I really liked this because it was a.] bold for the pastor to go to a marajuana carnival. b.] it was the churches pastor, not some documentary pastor, not a guy who does a series of videos, it was the real pastor going out and saying that he was bold enough to do this. and c.] he was asking a real person i real question and listening to his real answer. "are you a religous guy?" and the man shared the truth. the message caught my attention in such a real way because driscoll was talking about something that i understood. the crucifcition of Jesus. he gave the history of crucifiction back in the day when Jesus was crucified, and he just layed out the truth of what had happened. it wasnt all this blah blah blah that I didnt understand and that didnt apply to me, because the truth of Jesus applies to everyone. its one of those closed hand things that you need to know.

possible more thoughts later...