dont look now
Wednesday, October 25, 2006 9:34 PM
Tonight's YOUth church went awesome, I personally think the whole year has been awesome, and I am dang excited for what's to come. We played "The Stand" and "Came to My Rescue", both Hillsong United songs. Very good I might add. [yah everything by them is good] Justin and I were both surprised by how well the band picked up and were able to play their parts. We had stalled these songs until now because we thought they were not ready yet, but they really proved they were, me on the other hand... haha. No, they went well. I just minorly forgot to go back to a certain chorus, but I thought as a whole they went very well. And I might add that I was very encouraged by how the group was responding. I find that I lead songs I like better as opposed to songs I dont like. Well, I dont think "like" is even the right word. "comfortable", "confident", or "good at leading" might be the words.
Brad and Justin apolagized for showing the video last week. well, they apolagized that it was graphic and that it made some people uncomfortable. it made me very mad they did this. they shouldnt have to apologize for showing the truth, for opening people's eyes, for showing what's REALLY out there. yah, it is graphic. but you know what? those ARE kids who are living that. those were KIDS in the graphics. they live through it everyday; and I dont think its a bad ideas to show spoiled american 12 year olds that there are sufferning people out there. does it make any sense at all to tell people to close their eyes? to not see whats really out there? how will that help the situation? how do we ever expect anything to change if we are constantly shielding our fragile little lives. that stuff is real; that stuff is the truth; people need to know the truth. stop sugar coating the world. its time to look the hell around and realize that our churches, our houses, and our groups mean nothing without reality.
Brad and Justin apolagized for showing the video last week. well, they apolagized that it was graphic and that it made some people uncomfortable. it made me very mad they did this. they shouldnt have to apologize for showing the truth, for opening people's eyes, for showing what's REALLY out there. yah, it is graphic. but you know what? those ARE kids who are living that. those were KIDS in the graphics. they live through it everyday; and I dont think its a bad ideas to show spoiled american 12 year olds that there are sufferning people out there. does it make any sense at all to tell people to close their eyes? to not see whats really out there? how will that help the situation? how do we ever expect anything to change if we are constantly shielding our fragile little lives. that stuff is real; that stuff is the truth; people need to know the truth. stop sugar coating the world. its time to look the hell around and realize that our churches, our houses, and our groups mean nothing without reality.