WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT ROMANS?!?!
Friday, August 25, 2006 10:11 PM
You know what happens when you read the bible? You learn things!! Yah duh. But why did I not know about these passages in Romans?!
Romans 14 v. 1
welcome with open arms fellow believers who dont see thinks the way you do. and dont jump all over them every time they do or say something you dont agree with-even when it seems that they are strong on opinions but weak in the faith department. Remember, they have their own history to deal with. Treat them gently.
skip to verse 10-12
so where does that leave you when you critcize a brother? and where does that leave you when you condescend to a sister? i'd say it leaves you looking pretty silly-or worse. eventually, we're all going to end up kneeling side by side in the place of judgment, facing God. your critical and condescending ways arent going to improve your position there one bit.
"as I live and breathe," God says,
"every knee will bow before me,
every tongue will tell the honest truth,
that I and only I am God."
THANK YOU SCRIPTURE!!! I think that says enough.
Now to Romans 15 v. 1-2
Those of us who are strong and able in the faith need to step in and lend a hand to those who falter, and not just do what is most convenient for us. strength is for service, not status. each one of us needs to look after the good of the people around us, asking ourselves, "how can I help?"
I guess I dont have a real point with these passages. Just that its so honest, and speaks so much truth into my life, and Im glad I have a scripture to base my feelings on. And I have something to refer to. I suppose it also serves as a calling, do it. For some reason I didnt see it before...
Romans 14 v. 1
welcome with open arms fellow believers who dont see thinks the way you do. and dont jump all over them every time they do or say something you dont agree with-even when it seems that they are strong on opinions but weak in the faith department. Remember, they have their own history to deal with. Treat them gently.
skip to verse 10-12
so where does that leave you when you critcize a brother? and where does that leave you when you condescend to a sister? i'd say it leaves you looking pretty silly-or worse. eventually, we're all going to end up kneeling side by side in the place of judgment, facing God. your critical and condescending ways arent going to improve your position there one bit.
"as I live and breathe," God says,
"every knee will bow before me,
every tongue will tell the honest truth,
that I and only I am God."
THANK YOU SCRIPTURE!!! I think that says enough.
Now to Romans 15 v. 1-2
Those of us who are strong and able in the faith need to step in and lend a hand to those who falter, and not just do what is most convenient for us. strength is for service, not status. each one of us needs to look after the good of the people around us, asking ourselves, "how can I help?"
I guess I dont have a real point with these passages. Just that its so honest, and speaks so much truth into my life, and Im glad I have a scripture to base my feelings on. And I have something to refer to. I suppose it also serves as a calling, do it. For some reason I didnt see it before...